An SEO (search engine optimization) specialist is a professional who practices the art and science of improving the ranking of a web page in organic (i.e., non-paid) search engine results.
This is done by understanding how search engines work, what people search for, and what makes a page rank higher in the results list than others. Optimization techniques include both on-page and off-page factors.
What are the SEO specialist tasks?
The tasks of an SEO specialist can vary depending on the company they work for, but there are some common things they do every day.
They might create or optimize content, manage social media and e-commerce pages, interact with customers, and monitor search engine rankings.
They have the knowledge and skills to optimize a website for search engines, through various optimization techniques. This can involve a range of tasks, including:
- Conducting keyword research to identify relevant terms and phrases that people are using to search for the products, services, or information that the website offers.
- Creating and optimizing content for the website, including blog posts, landing pages, and product descriptions, to ensure that it is optimized for search engines and meets the needs of the target audience.
- Building high-quality backlinks to the website from other reputable websites, as these can help to improve the website’s ranking in search engine results.
- Reviewing and analyzing website analytics data to identify areas for improvement and track the website’s performance.
- Optimizing the website’s technical aspects, such as its speed, mobile-friendliness, and crawlability, to ensure that it meets the requirements of search engines.
- Interacting with customers and responding to reviews or feedback on the website or social media channels.
- Monitoring search engine rankings and adjusting the website’s optimization efforts as needed.
These tasks are can be divided into four categories: on-page, off-page, and technical and data analytics:
On-page tasks are those that can be done with the help of a website’s code, such as meta titles and descriptions, keyword placement, and content optimization.
Off-page tasks are those that cannot be controlled with the website’s code, such as article marketing or link building.
Technical SEO is about ensuring that a website is up to date with the latest changes in search engine algorithms.
Data analytics refers to a range of information that can be used to design optimization efforts and track the performance of a website.
Do I need an SEO Specialist?
In the digital age, it is crucial to have an SEO specialist on your team, company, or project. An SEO specialist can help you grow your business and improve your ranking in search engines, and can also help you avoid penalties by making sure that your website follows all necessary guidelines.
SEO is an important part of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy and can be integrated with other tactics such as paid advertising, social media marketing, and email marketing.
Where do I find an SEO Specialist?
Well, search no more. If you are a small business owner, freelance professional, blogger, or looking to make some extra money, consider talking with me, so that I can get you more customers and improve your online presence.